Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Fundraiser

This past weekend my family had a large Rummage/Craft/Bake Sale for a fundraiser to help with travel expenses. It also gave us an excuse for the women in my family (my mom, sister, and sister-in-law) to get together once a week to plan and craft. The sale went well, but we expected a larger turn-out. We are going to take all the leftover rummage and have another plain ole' rummage sale in a couple of weeks. We'll see how THAT does!!

Even if the sale wasn't as big of a rip roaring success as we thought it might be, it was absolutely touching how many people came together to donate items, baked goods, crafts, and their time for a baby girl halfway around the world. There were people there I had never met before, friends of my sister and sister-in-law, who stayed for HOURS to help set up and run the sale. I know this is an emotional time anyway, but I was touched to tears.

The weekend was a LOT of work, and I made sure to take photos for our little one's scrapbook. I figure my aching back and sore feet were just as good as labor pains! And, when our little one gets to the 'Terrible Teens' and tells me I don't do anything for her, I can whip out those photos of this past weekend and all the work that we all went through. HA!!!

I feel so incredibly blessed to have people so caring to help my family with our sale. Even though she doesn't know it yet, I know our little one will feel the same way. :)

No comments: