Okay, okay...yes, we did receive a new Child for Consideration! It happened over the weekend of Mother's Day. Awesome gift, right???? She is a beautiful little girl with a ton of hair, from the Bac Ninh Province. She was born March 9, which ironically is the month of my birthday, my mom's birthday, and her mom's birthday (whom Miss M will be named after, in a fashion). She is adorable, and we couldn't be more thrilled.
I am trying very hard to keep this CFC low-key, though. It was so incredibly hard when we lost our CFC from Thai Nguyen. I was devastated. But, I grieved, and I know that that baby will have a good home in another country. I am absolutely paranoid it will happen again. I have slowly been telling people that yes, we do have a new CFC. But, man, I tell ya, it's hard.
With our first baby, I had photos of her all over. I had a photo on my computer desktop, gave framed photos to family, etc. Now, I honestly haven't even shown photos to all of my immediate family yet. I haven't put her photo up anywhere, and I'm paranoid to do any shopping or preparing for her arrival. It's as if I'll jinx it if I do anything. And this pisses me off. I should be able to have the pleasure of being ecstatic. I should have the right to prepare her room, put her photo up around the house, and look forward to her arrival. Instead, I feel as if anything I do will somehow darken my karma and I'll be heartbroken again. Damn you, whomever is to blame, for making me feel this way!!
Sigh...off my rant...but yes, we DO have a new CFC. I have finished our preliminary paperwork...applications, acceptance forms, etc., so now we wait for our dossier to match up with the baby's. Then we get to jump into the wonderful government line and wait for our I-600 approval. USCIS...if anyone is reading this, please take pity on a poor woman who's been through the wringer! Not to mention a wonderful baby in need of a good home. Please!! :)
I'll keep y'all posted.....and thanks so much to those of you who have sent their love!!!! You know it is GREATLY appreciated. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I can understand how you feel. With everything going on you need to gaurd your heart a little. It sucks but that is the wonderful world of adoption right now. I am so happy you finally got rematched. Keep faith you will have your daughter in your arms.
Michelle
I know exactly how you are feeling. I have been there, done that and have the T shirt. I feel like everything I do is going to jinx the adoption!!
Congratulations! Best wishes for a smooth and fast process!
MEEEEEEEEow!
YEAH!!!!
I am sooo excited for you...
You totally deserve it my friend...
HUGS ..
THings will work out for you..
SHe will be in your arms soon..
Post a Comment