So, I was talking with my dear friend Karey, (who is FREAKIN' LEAVING FOR VIETNAM...GO KAREY!!!!) anyway....we were talking about how sometimes we tend to get caught up in the ins and outs and paperwork and red tape and delays of adoption that we file it in the back of our minds that soon our lives will be changing forever.
I had one of this "WHOA" moments just now. I'm dorking around on the Internet and thought, gee, I should look up Bac Ninh, (the province our new referral baby is from) and see what kind of travel information is out there. Then I'm thinking, really, why bother, since I'll only be in the province long enough to pick up our daughter. And it HIT ME. Our daughter. Our daugher lives in Bac Ninh. OUR DAUGHTER lives in Bac Ninh. I want to know EVERYTHING there is to know about Bac Ninh, where our DAUGHER is LIVING. Where our DAUGHTER was born. Whoa. We have a daughter waiting for us in Bac Ninh, and I know nothing about that tiny corner of the world!!!!!!
I think a part of this feeling comes from my absolute paranoia that this baby will still not be ours, and will be taken away like our first referral. But, something tonite in thinking about Bac Ninh is making me feel as if this could be real, and I want to know more about where she is right now.
It could be my guarded heart is letting its guard down!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment