Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Grandpa's Last Gift

I need to update the blog with our Christmas news, but, for now, I wanted to share this.  Mike's dad Sully was a great craftsman.  He used to make beautiful adriondack chairs for kids.  The day of his funeral in July, I was talking with Mike's brother Bill and he was saying that all the grandkids have one of his chairs.  I told him, 'What about Maelie?'  Bill went into Sully's garage and came out with one of the little chairs.  For Maelie.  Grandpa Sully had made extras. 

This year, on Christmas Eve, we took down Maelie's Rainforest bouncer, and replaced it with Grandpa Sully's chair.  It's Grandpa's last gift to Maelie.  And will be treasured for generations, I am sure.


2 comments:

Kim said...

PRICELESS..
Love it..
Merry Christmas..

Christina said...

That photo is so touching and beautiful. Grandpa Sully will never be far away, ever. Happy New Year to you all. P.S. Loved your Christmas photo card of the pretty little Empress. Thank you for sending it. :)