I have to share this. I'm still flabbergasted. We were all driving in the SUV today. Maelie's in the back, in her carseat, of course. Back there, there is a set of Mickey Mouse board books, and, to clarify, her and I haven't read these books together. She's just been enjoying 'reading' them on her own. I may have read this particular book to her once, but, honestly, I'm not even sure.
Anyway, from the back, I hear her 'reading' her book, BUT....she's saying a particular word. I looked over at Mike and asked, "What is the title of that book?" Sure enough....Maelie was SAYING the title of the book. "Shapes." Clear as a bell. "Shapes." My jaw hit the ground. HOW DID SHE READ THAT?????
Even if we have read that book together, I am certain I did not read the title of the book out loud. I never do! And, oddly enough, when we practice our shapes, I never call them shapes, I just call them by name. "Maelie, can you show me a circle?" etc.
So, the mystery of the day is....HOW DID SHE READ THAT???????????
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This mama went to a movie today by myself and I never said a word to Emma about it - just told her I was going shopping - Wayne didn't tell her I went to a movie. She must have heard us talking about it as she told her Dada, "Mama go to movie." They soak up EVERYTHING spoken and almost unspoken. :) You probably said Shapes only once and that was enough for Maelie to get it! Our children are little sponges.
Post a Comment