Thursday, May 31, 2007

Yay!! I'm an idiot.

I was so excited to check the mail today and see that my documents from the State were here already! You know, these are the documents that had to first be notarized, and then sent to the State for the official state seal...'Authentication.' For those in 'the know,' you understand. For those not in 'the know,' I'll explain in another blog. For now, all you need to understand is that this is one of the last steps before things get sent off to Vietnam.

So, I was excited to see my State Sealed, Authenticated Documents in the mail today! It only took one week from the time I sent the documents to today. With a holiday in there to boot! I was thrilled. And that's when I figured out I'm an idiot. Sigh. I opened the envelope and inside was a letter saying I had goofed. I had all but one document sealed...the last one was our marriage certificate. The one I sent wasn't signed by the county registrar, therefore, it couldn't be state sealed!! In the words of Homer Simpson..."D'OH"!!!!!!!!

Yeah...I'm an idiot. So, I need to send that one little marriage certificate and have it authenticated. There goes another week.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaAh, but you are closer to being done!