Tuesday, January 8, 2008

An Update

Missed me??? I've missed you all!!!

I've been living at my Mom's since December 12. She had an infected foot that suddenly turned from bad to worse, and ended up having a vascular bipass in her leg to fix a 100% blockage, plus an aeortal bipass in her abdomen. She came, literally, within hours of losing her foot. December was a rough month for my family. But, all is well now. She is healing nicely and her foot is now a lovely shade of pink, instead of angry, blistery red and purple!!

She came home from the hospital on Dec 12th, and on the 13th, at my mom's, I got a phone call. Yep! THE phone call!!!! We have our CFC. Turns out that my LID was off!!! It was completely out of the blue, and couldn't have come at a better time. She's a cutie from the Thai Nguyen Province, which is in the north, and she was born on September 18th. We are absolutely thrilled, and it was a great Christmas celebrating our baby and my mom's good health. And, weird as it sounds, she looks just like my husband. Everyone who sees her photo says so. I keep asking Mike when he travelled to Vietnam without me!!!! HA!!!!

My mom doesn't have internet access....I' ve been having the shakes from lack of internet!!!! Thank you so much for everyone who has sent their good wishes and thoughts for my mom and my family. I'll be posting little photo snippets of our sweetie soon!!!!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Hi Michelle!
I was just looking for your email so that I could send you a message!! I was worried you had given up and here you were busy with your family. Congratulations on your mom and your new baby!!! YEAH!!!! I am so thrilled for you and can't wait to see snippets of her :) Take care!

The Kesslers said...

OHG - so excited for you! I follow your blog all the time and just thrilled for you!

Christy K
CFC 11/9/07 - Baby K is in Bac Ninh
Blog: waitingforbabyk.blogspot.com