Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Photos

Okay, okay, I've let my poor sister sit on top of my blog long enough. What a good sport, though, eh???

Here are some photos of Maelie's first Thanksgiving.

This is how we started out our day. Happy as a little clam, with a cute pumpkin sweater and a little bow in her hair. I LOVE her eyes when she smiles like this!

Daddy bought her her very own 'turkey.' She didn't really eat it, but how cute!!








All I can think of with this photo is the Charlie Brown Halloween special when they were carving pumpkins..."I didn't know you were going to KILL it!!!!!!!!!!"







Maelie's First Pickle....She really didn't mind it!!!

We had a very nice Thanksgiving. Maelie spent a few hours in the morning with her Daddy at his parent's house. I chose not to go along due to a sore throat. Mikey's dad is ill and I didn't want him to catch something. Then, we went to my mom's house and had a good time with my sister, brother, their spouses, my niece and nephew. My niece Samantha couldn't make it this year, but we'll see her at Christmas. My nieces and nephew on my side of the family are in their 20's, so Maelie is the first baby in a long while in our house for the holidays. Fun!!!

It was a loooooong day for Maelie, though, and she got extremely overtired and cranky. We couldn't get her to take a nap for nothing. There was just too much going on and a new play yard to sleep in that she wasn't used to. We all tried EVERYTHING to get her to sleep, to no avail. Finally, we decided we should just go home and put her to bed. It WAS 9:00 p.m., so it was time. The minute we drove a half mile, Miss Maelie was OUT. I was worried she'd wake up when we got home 20 minutes later, and not fall back asleep again. When I put her in her crib, she gave out one little squawk, I gave her a bottle that she just hugged to her chest, and fell asleep again. Poor little girl!!!!

It was special at my Mom's house...we all knew what we were thankful for this year...even if she was crying and fussy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures with the huge portions of food.