Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Baby & so very touching

Our dear friend Shelly just had her baby yesterday. A 7 lb little girl. I believe they are going to call her Leanna. I'm afraid I forget her Chinese name, though! I still haven't gotten a chance to see them yet, but since Mike works in the same town that they live in, he got to visit them in the hospital yesterday, and even drove them home today. He snapped this photo for me.



Tonite, when Mike came home, he was telling me that seeing the baby bothered him. I thought he was just being typical 'Macho Mike,' but no. Seeing the little baby reminded him that this was how small Maelie was when she was left outside of the orphanage. He was upset at thinking that anything could have happened to our little sweetheart...an animal could have come along, she was alone in the cold, etc. I was incredibly touched that my typical 'man' had such emotions thinking of the first days our little princess was on this earth.

I am constantly amazed at how people are so affected by Maelie. I shouldn't be sharing this, but I really want to make sure Maelie knows this later in life, too. Her grandfather, Mike's dad, is very unwell. They have a framed photo of Maelie in their living room, and the other day, the sun was streaming in the windows and shining on her photo. Mike's mom rounded the corner and saw him sitting in his chair, looking at that photo with the sun shining on it, with tears streaming down his face.

I get choked up writing both these stories, and I just hope Maelie understands...truly understands...how much she is so loved. And loved deeply. And now, she has a new 'cousin' named Leanna!

1 comment:

Karey said...

Hey-tell Shelley congrats from us. Do we get more pics? How about of big sis too?