Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Few Maelie Funnies

Yesterday, Maelie and I were taking out the garbage and she happened to see an empty McDonald's bag. Her little hands started clapping together so hard and she WANTED that bag. Well, we HAD to call up Daddy and request McDonald's for dinner. So, Maelie made her first dinner request! LOL!!! And when Daddy walked in with the McDonald's bags, yep, her little hands started clapping again. Oh, what a healthy family we are. But, Maelie gets chicken and a few french fries. :)

Maelie has now 5 books that are her ultimate favorites. She claps her hands and gets absolutely excited when she sees them. Sometimes, I literally have to hide them after reading them over and over and over. Two of these books I have memorized, from reading them so much. One is her old favorite, "A Child's Good Morning Book, by Margaret Wise Brown and illustrated by Karen Katz. The other new favorite is a cute, little book that my cousin sent for her...it's a Sesame Street Easter book. Yes, we'll be reading about Easter for a looong time. At least, it's mostly about bunnies. :) Today, I thought I'd try a little trick. I opened up the 'Child's Good Morning Book' and recited the words to the Sesame Street book. Maelie got this puzzled look on her face, and looked down to the other book like, "WAAAAIT a minute." So, she picked up the Sesame Street book and wanted that one. So, I did it again, switched the words. Again, she looked down at the other book and hesitated...WAAAAIT. This isn't right!!!!

She may not be walking, or talking, or have teeth yet, but our baby is a sharp one. LOL!! :)

No comments: