One year ago today, this tiny baby was placed into my arms in Bac Ninh, Vietnam. It has been a year filled with many, many firsts, for Maelie, and her family. We have felt indescribable joy at the opportunity to share our lives with Maelie, to watch her grow, learn new things, and experience what life has to offer. We revel with her at the little things in life she discovers, and feel the same joy she must feel when she masters a new skill. We cannot imagine life without her.
This year has flown by. I can still remember stepping on the airplane to travel to Vietnam; my emotions running from excitement, nervousness, exhilaration, to being just plain scared. Again, these same emotions hit me when I looked down into that tiny face the day the Vietnamese officials declared her 'mine.' I wondered, "Can I take care of this child? Will I do right by her?" Well, we've muddled through, and I can't say we've been the best parents, but, we try hard, and I think we're doing well.
It's been a year filled with sadness, with the passing of a very dear family member - Grandpa Sully - but it has also been filled with so much happiness, hope, love, laughter, fun, and festivities. We learn so much from this tiny girl...she has taught us many lessons, especially in patience and flexibility!! We cannot imagine our life without her, and to even consider the possibility is an absolute heartbreaking nightmare. It is as if Maelie always was with us, she is a part of us now, and forever.
I made a slide show of photos from throughout the year. I wanted one from each month, but as you can see, I had problems limiting myself, especially in the last couple months. We love to share our joy with Maelie, even if Momma doesn't always update the blog on a regular basis!!!!
Here's to a great year, Miss Maelie. We love you so much, more than mere words can describe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
happy 1 year.
Congratulations again - it is a love like no other that is for sure. Enjoyed seeing new photos of Maelie - she is a cutie.
Happy Mother's Day. There's nothing like it.
Your photos & recollection are beyond belief! She is beautiful and it is apparent that the love is flowing both ways! Happy 1st year!
~*~ CONGRATULATIONS ~*~
Post a Comment