Thursday, September 24, 2009

Maelie Day


We spent the afternoon today at my mom's with my sister. They were my travel companions to Vietnam, and my sister took the day off from work. It was special to be able to spend the day with them. I had had the photos from Vietnam printed off...all 400+ of them, so we sorted them out...yes, we each got a set of over 400 photos! We also had a take-out lunch of Vietnamese food from our local Saigon Cafe. Yum.

Then in the evening, we had the rest of the family come over and had lasagne for dinner. It was wonderful to spend the day with family, to reminisce and just enjoy this little girl who has brought the whole family so much love and happiness. It was a gorgeous fall day, and we were able to take some photos outside. I love this one...sometimes Momma can take some nice photos!! :)

Have I mentioned lately how much I love love love love love this little girl?!?

3 comments:

Karey said...

Sounds like a fun day! Yea for the Zadra family!

Christina said...

What a wonderful way to spend your 1-year anniversary. What a fantastic photo of Maelie - how gorgeous is she! What a beautiful smile. She looks so happy.

Jenny said...

Michelle, Youwere one of the nicest families to work with through the wonderful journey of adoption form Vietnam. Thank you for letting me a part of your journey! :)
Look at that smile! Too bad she isn't happy or anything! heeheehee!I will think of you as you scrap, scrap, scrap! I only have a bit more to do in my office/scrap room before I can start actually scrapping in here...more time to think of you!
Enjoy that baby girl and I will look forward to those updates! :)
Hugs, JJHwait