Saturday, February 6, 2010

Where heck have I been?!?!?

 So, you have probably been wondering just where the hell I've been lately, haven't you?  Let's just say that the end of 2009 and beginning of 2010 have not been all that kind.  I caught a virus/flu/cold/whatEVER the middle of December, and I am honestly just now getting over it.  Unfortunately, however, what started out as a nasty chest cold, quickly moved into my sinuses and ears on Christmas.

My hubby surprised me with the nicest Christmas gift...he arranged for him and I to have a weekend in Minneapolis and tickets to see Disney's Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast....a show we have seen before and dearly love.  Unfortunately, the night before we were supposed to leave, Maelie came down with a fever.  After a trek to the doctor, she had an ear infection.  So, we cancelled the first night.  BUT, I was feeling awful, coughing, couldn't hear, so we ended up not going at all.  I still hate myself for ruining such a lovely gift.  After seeing the doctor that Monday, I found I had a nasty ear infection, sinusitis, and bronchitis.  So, Maelie and I both had antibiotics.  She did fine.  I didn't.  I had a terrible reaction to the meds, which included depression, anxiety (something I battle with, but is under control with other meds), terrible muscle aches and a terrible backache.  So, I had to stop the meds.  I went to an ENT and it was determined I need tubes in my ears.  THAT'S a whole 'nuther story....

Due to fluid behind both ear drums, I have essentially been deaf since Christmas.  I am waiting to get the tubes put in my ears this week.  Hurray!!!  So, I have been depressed because I can't hear, and basically just hibernating in the house.  We've been getting out a little more lately, but it's just so hard to hear.  It hasn't been a fun past six weeks or so.

And, during all this, my computer went to the big blue screen in the sky.  My hubby got a new Mac for Christmas, so, I've been using that, but I still haven't gotten it all figured out, as far as photos and things, so, my blog has been lacking.  Which is sad, because we have soooo many awesome photos to share.  One day soon I will be posting a huge photo update.

So, that is where we've been lately.  Nowhere!  Lunar New Year is this Sunday, the same day as Valentine's Day.  In Vietnam, it's called Tet.  I'm so hoping that perhaps Tet will herald in a better year.  And, with Maelie's 2nd birthday coming up in March, I'm behind in planning parties and fun things.  Like I said, it's been depressing not hearing, and it's just really been a huge drag.  I'm sure cabin fever and the long Minnesota winter isn't helping matters, either.

But, bear with me....the blog is NOT disappearing...I just need to get my act together.  :)  We WILL have photos and fun updates soon, I promise.  Thank you for your patience...please stand by.  :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hope you're feeling better soon. I miss the photos. Of course, I'm no better at keeping mine up either.