Friday, February 29, 2008

I should have just remodelled the bathroom

I'm sure many of you know, International Adoption has its ups and downs, and really isn't for the faint of heart. However, today, all I can think of is, I should have used the money we've spent and just remodelled the bathroom.

It's with an extremely heavy heart that I have to announce that the baby we were promised was taken away from us. I got the call tonite. It is an extremely long story, but the crux of it is that the province the baby came from has had a 'past.' The US government has said that corruption was happening in this province. While it has yet to truly be proven, the US government has been on a witch hunt of sorts with this province. Our baby was one of the last that was to come out of this area, and then our adoption agency was no longer going to be working with this province.

Since this province has been so scrutinized, and for other reasons, our adoption agency has decided to pull our referral to spare us the pain of possibly losing our baby when we travelled to adopt her.

We have some options, and I will post those later on. For now, I just need to be sad.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Michelle, I am so sorry that this is happening. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,
Julie

Kim said...

I am sooo sorry....
You are in my thoughts and prayers...
I hope they can do something for you..
HUGS...

Michelle and Peter said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You and any other family this may have effected are in my thoughts

Hugs
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I know the pain you are in - DH and I lost our referral from Phu Tho, after waiting for 3 months on paperwork that would never come.

I am sooo sorry this has happened to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Karey said...

Girly girl, you know I'm thinking of you every day... HUGS

Michelle and Tom said...

Michelle - I am so very very sorry this has happened. You and the others affected are in my thoughts and prayers.

Big Hugs from the other "MN Michelle"

Anonymous said...

You are in our thoughts - been offline and didn't realize that your baby was one that was taken back to Vietnam.

My heart goes out to you as you reach a decision about the future of your family.

Christy K
Baby K is in Bac Nnh - stuck there!