So, I haven't posted since Tet. What's new? Nothing. Nada. Zip. The hubby and I have had the flu. He was generous enough to share with me. Nice, eh? We are both getting over that. It was the honest-to-goodness, fever and chills, headache, coughing, chest pain, stomach woes, stop the world I want to get off, flu. Even after a week, we're both coughing and tired and feeling generally yucky. But, at least we no longer have that 'lower than snail slime' feeling that we did last week!!
As far as adoption news, we are currently waiting paperwork. We are waiting for our I 171 form to be approved. This is the permission granted by the US Gov't for us to locate an orphan in our designated country. I had to fill this form out long before when we started with China. However, it does expire and I let that lapse. Yes, I'm a dork. So, I had to refile. Currently, we are waiting for that. I HAVE had previous good luck with getting things back from our local immigration office quickly, so, hopefully this will be the same.
After we receive that, we are waiting for our dossier and paperwork to match up with our baby's paperwork and dossier. Then we can file our I600. This is the big one, this piece of paper, in a nutshell, says that yes, The Fabulous Miss M is an orphan, she will be adopted by us, and is free to travel to the US. There have been issues lately with the I600 filing, and I will be posting more on that soon. For now, though, we are just patiently waiting for the paperwork needed to file the I600. Patiently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment