Monday, April 28, 2008

Vietnam to End Adoptions with US

Official word has come out that Vietnam will be ending adoptions with the United States. For the AP article, here's the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080428/ap_on_re_as/vietnam_us_adoption&pr


What does this mean for us? I'm not certain yet. We are currently waiting on a new referral. I have been told that it should come soon. Whether or not we will fit in the current timeframe of things, I am uncertain. Right now I am going with the flow, and will be ecstatic if Iam flying home from Vietnam one day soon with a baby on my lap. However, I am not going to be surprised if that does not happen. I will be, of course, sad. But surprised?? Not anymore.

I feel terrible for the babies in need of a good home. They have asked for nothing in this life and have gotten caught up in a situation made impossible by bureaucracy and governmental egos.

I'll report more news on our case as I hear anything. In the meantime, light a candle, say a prayer, meditate, whatever you enjoy doing, for us, but more importantly, for the future of the little souls in Vietnam.

4 comments:

Alana said...

you and me both sister... this just sucks, but I thik you are at the same place I am.. they have my money, I have no recourse so we go woth the flow and hope for the best.
I wish we could hang out and drink and commiserate...

Sue said...

I'm hoping and praying for a quick referral and travel for you. You'll be a great mom!

Hugs,

Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!

Hang in there, I will hope and pray you get a new referral soon! This is so hard but your positive attitude always brightens my day.

Hey coming to the cities any time soon? How about a girls night out? Little wine and some good food always makes me feel better!!

Hugs-

The other Michelle from MN

Anonymous said...

This really sucks. I hope things change and clean up.