Today, a large group of at least 16 people received their approvals to travel to Vietnam to bring their precious babies home. Included in this group is my dear friend Angela, who has so patiently waited and endured so incredibly much during this process. She is a member of our little group of 4 who lost our referrals from Thai Nguyen, and she has had obstacle after obstacle thrown at her since that devastating news.
My heart is filled with joy in hearing her news today, and I am relieved, too...for everyone who has been burdened with the wait. I know how you felt, and it is a pain that is, I think, only understood to those of us who have been there. It's horrible. It is a stress I will never forget. A similar kind of remembering, it must be, to someone who has given birth and sees the stretch marks...the pain is gone, but you won't forget it. And it makes the reward of gazing into your child's face all the sweeter.
Godspeed to everyone!!! It is a wonderful country filled with so much...the people, the dichotomies, the warmth (and humidity!...although that's not what I meant...) :) Enjoy every moment.
Maelie would like me to add for you all to hurry and bring her cousins HOME!!!!!!! :)
****UPDATE****
People have asked how many families have been approved, and there are 16 families altogether; there will be two groups of 8 travelling. Yippee!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
16+?!
WOW ~ any recent filings?
It is about time!!
Very exciting!
VERY!!!!!!!!!
That is really good news. Is this the last of folks?
Not the last of us! At least 5 more to go.... including me. It is an exciting time indeed!
Post a Comment