Sunday, May 10, 2009

First Mother's Day



Today, we celebrated Mother's Day. Our first, with Maelie. I never knew before just how truly special Mother's Day really is. Everyday, of course, with Maelie, is special. But today, I felt as if I 'belonged' on this holiday. Maybe that word is too trite. I not only 'got' what this holiday really feels like, but because I'm Maelie's Mommy, I felt as if I was the luckiest mom in the world. This child has made me feel such deep emotions that I never knew were even possible.

Mike did a lot to make this holiday special for me...for us. Maelie gave me a very lovely 'Mom' necklace. Daddy knew that Mommy needed a piece of jewelry that said 'Mom' on it for her first Mother's Day. :) Daddy also did something very special; he went through my folder of photos from the day I adopted Maelie in Vietnam and had some of the very special photos of that day blown up and printed. I cried again seeing them. And, of course, Mommy got the obligatory box of chocolates. :)

Happy Mother's Day to my mom, Mike's mom,and all the special moms I know. Thank you, Mikey, for making the day so special, and thank you Maelie, for making this day a reality.





2 comments:

Christina said...

Looks as if you had a very wonderful Mother's Day, Michelle. Mike did himself proud! And Maelie of course. :) Where do you find such adorable clothes for Maelie. She is so cute and has the prettiest eyes and little button nose! You have been blessed with her.

Christina said...

Oh and the photo of you and Maelie is wonderful! You look so happy.