Friday, May 29, 2009

Maelie had a rough day

Maelie had a rough day today. We had a wellness checkup, and, since we missed her 1 year check, and were just a month (not even) shy of her 15 month check, poor Miss Maelie had to have 4 shots. And, a finger prick to check her lead levels. Apparently, they do this in areas that have known higher levels of lead at the one and two year marks. Our pediatrician said she'd never seen a huge problem with children having high lead, but since we do live in an older house, it was good to get it checked. Although, Maelie was not happy about it!!!!

Maelie weighed in at 21 lbs, 5 oz, and measured 29 inches. However, I do not feel that measurement is accurate. Neither did the pediatrician, but she also didn't redo it. So, this means she only grew 1 inch since her last check up at 10 months (which is b.s.), and will show a heckuva growth spurt at her next check-up.

But, all in all, Maelie is healthy, her ears are clear, her head circumference is 'perfect,' and as for her weight and height measurements, she's at the 30th percentile for American children. I checked out the Vietnamese charts, and she seems to be hitting the 50th percentile, although I know she's longer than 29 inches.

The doc was impressed with Maelie saying 'umbrella' yesterday, and, for the record, four times in a row I got a 'mammmamamma' out of her when I asked her to say 'momma.' :) :) :) Hopefully, she'll sleep well tonite and not have any reactions from her vaccinations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We never did more than one shot a day. Sounds like a rough day.

Sarah said...

It's so hard when you're in that catch up phase with vaccinations. I hope night went well. In case no one has mentioned this yet to you, if you know she is getting vaccinations, you can medicate with Tylenol or Motrin prior to the appointment and often miss the reactions.