
Tonight we lit a candle for the other mother. Maelie's Vietnam Mommy. She is the one that gave birth to Maelie. For this, we shall be eternally grateful. It is my deepest wish that Maelie's Vietnam Mommy can know in her heart that the baby she gave birth to is well cared for and loved so completely by her adoptive parents and extended family and friends.
We will light a candle for Maelie's Vietnam Mommy every Mother's Day night. Thank you, Vietnam Mom. Thank you.

4 comments:
It is a bittersweet day, huh?
What a beautiful tradition
I love that idea. I'm glad your day was so wonderful!
Stacey and Sasha
That is a great idea, Michelle. We have yet to come up with an idea on how to honor Emma's birth mom on Mother's Day. It is a tricky thing. I don't want Emma to have a false idea about her birth mom as we will probably never know what her story was, but I also don't want Emma to never think about her either. I just know it is sad for we "second" moms for sure as we know the blessing we have in our respective children and wonder "why" regarding the birth mom and feel a great sadness for what they are missing out on.
Post a Comment