Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Grandpa Sully Update

Grandpa Sully has been very unwell. He came down with double pneumonia a few days before the Fourth, and has been in the hospital. Treatment has not proven to be effective, and as of yesterday, he has decided to forego anymore medical treatment. He is in the hospital, being kept comfortable, and it is just a matter of time.

I spoke with him on the phone yesterday, told him I loved him, and heard an "I love you" back.

It's a very difficult time, but I choose to share it here for all the moral support and love from family and friends, and, it helps to talk about it. I hope for this blog to be a chronicle of Maelie's life for her to look back on one day, with the good, and the bad times. One day, I'll write a post about Grandpa Mike (Sully), with photos, so she can have it.

My posting might be a bit slower lately...but, I'll still be here. Thank you, Everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, honey

Donna said...

I'm so sorry, Michelle! I know how hard it is to stand by and watch someone you love go through that. My thought and prayers are with you and your family. Sending warm hugs and love your way.