Meet 98-Year-Old Actress Mae Laborde who started acting when she was 93.
LOS ANGELES (May 28, 2007) -- Anyone who says you’re too old to do anything needs to meet 98-year-old actress Mae Laborde who at 93 decided she wanted to become an actress so she went out and did just that.
“Because of my age, I thought, ‘I think I’ll go back to work. That will be unusual,’” she told Access Hollywood.
And just like that, a star was born.
“I had two auditions in two weeks,” she said. “But it isn’t steady [work] of course.”
No one said it would be easy, but at 98 Mae Laborde is unique among the Hollywood crowd.
“I have six great grandchildren,” she noted.
As Mae found out in being cast for the comedy “The Pineapple Express,” age does have its privileges.
“I did not have to go for an audition. They said ‘we want Mae, we saw her picture in a pile of the LA casting office,’ and they called my agent and said ‘send Mae directly to the shoot. That happened twice,” she told Access.
Born in 1909, Mae and her late husband Nicholas were married for 49 years. She still lives in the same Santa Monica, California house they shared since 1935.
You may have seen Mae as a not so nimble 40 years in the future Vanna White in a skit on a recent episode of “Mad TV.” She’s also landed a Lexus commercial and has had some fun on Fox’s spoof, “Talkshow with Spike Feresten,” playing a solar powered cue card person.
All I have to say is, WOW. Age really is relative, isn't it??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment