Okay, gotta tell you about Angela's trick or treating and her time saving technique.
So, we go to my mom's. She gets a little box of candy with a Snoopy keychain attached to the front. My mom lives in a country area, but has close neighbors. So after we trick or treat at my mom's, we go next door to the neighbors...people I've known since I was born, but of course Angela has never seen them before in her life.
We ring the doorbell and when the neighbor lady opens the door, Angela muscles her way in, says 'hi' to the neighbor lady as she walks by, grabs a chair at their dining table and plops right down. We all watch as she sets her trick or treat pumpkin, grabs her box of candy out, and goes to work getting Snoopy off. Too funny, right? Gets better.
Mike (who was with) and I start talking with the couple and the husband asks her, "Now, what was your name again?"
"MyAngelaI'mfouryearsoldIgotoschoolhappybirthday." **in English with a Chinese little girl accent.**
She said it just like this to about 4 people that night. When we dropped her off, we told Shelly, her mom, what Angela's response was when people asked her name. Shelly just about fell off her chair laughing so hard!! It seems she learned to answer the 'what is your name' question like this because she knows that when adults ask her name they always follow up with MORE annoying questions like, 'How old are you,' and, 'Do you go to school?' This way, she answers it ALL in one very very fast sentence, so she can get back to the more important things....like getting at her Snoopy toy and candy!!
HAAAA!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!
By the way, in way of translation:
My name is Angela. I am four years old and I now go to school! Happy Birthday. (not quite sure what the "Happy Birthday" is for....good measure I think....just IN CASE it happens to be your birthday)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment