So, a week ago, Mike and I volunteered to pick up Angela's daddy at the airport in Minneapolis, about a four hour drive from us. Since his flight got in early Monday morning from China, we thought we'd drive down Sunday, take Angela with us, and stay at a hotel with a pool. We had a great time.
I think I'll have to make a couple posts about our trip, but I have to share the one incident that honestly brought me to tears. I got Angela ready for the pool and then went in the bathroom to put my swimsuit on. I'm standing in the bathroom in front of the mirror thinking, "Yuck." Yeah, I'm fluffy, and swimsuits are NOT my favorite thing in the world.
Before I left the bathroom, I'm thinking to myself, 'Gee...I wonder what Angela's going to say...her mom is such a tiny little thing!!!' But, I opened the door and braced myself for a sassy comment. She was standing right outside the door, took one look at me and said without any hesitation, "You're BEAUTYFUL!!!!!"
Still gives me tears...Damn, she's good for the soul!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment