Tuesday, March 4, 2008

So Incredibly Sweet

For those of you who have read my blog, you've read about my little friend Angela. She's the four year old daughter of my friend Shelly. Shelly and her husband just opened a new Chinese buffet restaurant. Usually, I would spend time with Angela and watch her, but wasn't able to when my mom was ill in December and recooping in January. Due to this, and thinking I would be travelling to Vietnam this Spring to adopt my own child, Shelly decided it would be best to send Angela to China to spend time with her grandmother. With opening the new restaurant, Shelly didn't have the time to watch Angela. Also, Angela has a little sister in China and could spend time with her, too.

So, Angela's been in China since January. And I have missed my little friend! Today, I saw Shelly for the first time since we lost our referral. Shelly felt so badly for me and her and her husband asked if it would make me feel better if I went to China to pick up Angela. They would pay for my ticket! I thought this was just incredibly sweet. Even if I didn't go to pick her up, Shelly told me that if having Angela here would make me not sad, she would bring her back. She just didn't want me to be sad.

Sometimes, in the midst of all the sadness and ugliness, a person can truly see the beauty of friendship.

Sigh......tearing up again........this time, for friendship.

3 comments:

Kim said...

How amazing...
Now I am tearing up...
That is soooo sweet..
It is amazing how many loving and dear friends you meet on this amazing journey..
Hugs to you girly..

Kim said...

That's the best thing about friends...they are there for you in the good times and bad...I think of you all often.

Awaiting Victoria in TN

Stacey said...

What a sweet woman! And how wonderful that she values the relationship between you and Angela so much. You want to come out to Orange County and hang out? Warm weather and walking on the beach will help bring your spirits up.
Stacey and Sasha