First of all, I know I'm behind in updates. I have photos to post, but unfortunately, with the house renovations in full swing, I have misplaced the Sony card adapter to download the photos. I know it's here somewhere, and today we are going to try to organize a bit. Our house construction has been a trip, let me tell you. We have been sleeping in our living room, Mike on the floor and me on the couch. Luckily, Maelie's room isn't affected, so she has her own crib. HOWEVER, since they are working upstairs, where Maelie's room is, during the day, we have nap problems. My darling daughter will ONLY sleep in two places...her crib, or the car. No pack n play, no naps on the couch, nothing else. And when she gets tired, SHE GETS TIRED. So, all last week, when it was naptime, Mommy and Maelie would hit the open road so she could sleep. SIGH. It sounds easy, right? It's not. And we have another week, at least, of the fun. Add that with dogs who bark when the workers come in, leave, pound on things, and you have a fun-filled, rockin' day. I have to keep telling myself, 'it WILL be nice when it's done...it WILL be nice when it's done...it WILL be nice when it's done....' I do have some construction photos to post when I can download them. We do now have a ceiling, of sorts, back...but for most of the week, we could look up and see the roof. YAY.
Now, on to the Baby Signs. Since Maelie has been a little slow to talk, I finally decided to start showing her the Baby Signing Times DVDs and do a little work with signing. As of late last week, it is official...she knows the sign for DOG. I am soooooo proud!!!!!!! I can tell she's really thinking about the other signs we do, too...like 'milk,' 'cat,' etc. But, when I ask her to tell me how we say 'puppy,' sure enough, it's THERE!!!! I'm so proud of my little peanut. And I want to thank my friends Kelley and Michelle for their suggestions and advice. It IS coming!!! :)
Hoping for photos later today, but wanted to let you all know that we are still here and haven't been taken up by aliens, or something......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Construction is awful! Hope it's all finished (and beautiful) soon!
YEAH! Now...start watching that dvd with her more often-she will come out with signs you haven't even practiced with her (blew my mind when Katie did this-her first non practiced ones were bird and ball). Keep it up girl!
Pack and play this tree huggers! Its a play PEN. It is for confinment! It is a pen. My wife is pretending to be PC, but we know it is a PLAY PEN like the one I had in 1967, and she is right. Even with 3 tylenol with codines and a plastic bag full of starting ether over her head, she will NOT sleep in it! (Thats supposed to be FUNNY you weirdos)
Michael, stop being a weirdo yourself. SIGH.
Post a Comment