Friday, January 30, 2009

Tet Celebrations

The area we live in doesn't really have a Tet or Chinese New Year celebration. So, this year, we are inventing our own. On Monday, we celebrated by having take out from the local Vietnamese restaurant. Yummers. Tonite, Daddy wants to take Maelie to a local high school hockey game...it's the two rival area schools' grudge match. We'll see how THAT goes. And tomorrow, we are going to my mom's house, with my brother and his wife, my sister and her husband, and my niece, and we are going to party like it's 4707!! (That's the Lunar year.) We're going to have some Vietnamese dishes...modified a little for those in our family who are BORING...HA!!! :) I'm going to make a loose beef type sandwhich on baguettes like the Banh Mi sandwhich. We're going to play games, have a Tet cake, and shoot of some fireworks. Shhhh...don't tell anyone. :)

Funny story about the cake...I ordered it from a local bakery. Of course I wasn't shocked when they didn't know what Tet was, but I thought it was funny...I had them put 'Happy Tet' on the cake, and at first, she misunderstood. She thought I said 'Happy Ted'! Too funny.

I'll post photos of our Tet celebration on Sunday!

1 comment:

MSChaz said...

Sounds like fun!!!!! Happy Ted!
Martha
Still waiting........