
Mike bought a cake for me and even wrote my name on it and decorated it with candles. He also made me my favorite dinner of spaghetti and meatballs. It was all so yummy. I thought the cake was sweet of him to do...not to mention that cake and ice cream is my favorite food group....

Mike took a half day off of work and it was wonderful. He took care of Maelie and I took a marathon bubble bath, gave myself a facial with my new Aveda stuff (I wouldn't let myself open it until my birthday), and I attempted to take some photos of Maelie. Unfortunately, I was blocking her favorite TV show, and she kept trying to peer around me. Odd for her, since she rarely pays that much attention to the show after the opening song! Too funny.




I wanted a photo today with my special princess, but it didn't turn out too great. I still had wet hair from my bubbly bath, and Maelie was getting ornery with the camera. But, here's our attempt:

As for birthday gifts, I had ordered a bunch of Aveda stuff that I considered my gift, and Mike bought me a Wii Fit, which I am excited about trying. He bought it this past weekend, though, so it really wasn't a surprise. I didn't have any birthday gift surprises, except for one, and it was the most special EVER. I was feeding Maelie at dinnertime, and she has this cute, little thing lately that she does. She'll reach over, grab my sleeve, and pull me to her. It's a little love thing. Lately, she's even pulled me to her and touched my eyes, or pull my hair or something. Well, tonite, she pulled me to her, and kissed me square on the mouth. I got tears. I got, for my birthday, a spontaneous, meatball-tasting, sloppy kiss. It was the BEST gift EVER. E V E R. :)

2 comments:
Oh my gosh-- that is the most wonderful birthday gift story....
Sadie does the same thing and it is the best thing ever. I'm so glad you get to experience this too.
Now that I know you are only 35, I will never admit to my age. In fact, when my birthday comes, I am going to pull the candles off the cake before I take blog pictures.
Post a Comment