Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Butterfly Story

So, I must share with you all Maelie's butterfly story.  She has really been talking up a storm lately, copying words, combining words, it's been so great to watch.  Well, on her favorite Sprout television channel, there's been a commercial for the "Live Butterfly Garden."  One day, about ten minutes after the commercial had aired, Maelie looked at me and said:

"Buf-fwy.  (Maelie's sign for caterpillar).  Fwive.  (Maelie flutters hands)."

To translate:  "Mother.  You can purchase this kit.  You will receive 5 caterpillars that, when ready, will hatch into 5 butterflies that will fly away.  Isn't that cool?"   :)

Now, if you ask her to tell you the 'Butterfly Story' she will regale you with the above tale.  I just love it.  I love hearing her sweet little voice saying, 'Buf-fwy.'  One of these times I'm going to try to get her story on camera!

No comments: