Sunday, May 23, 2010

Colin Mochrie & Brad Sherwood Show


So, sometimes...for often than not...my life has had odd little special fun happenings in it.  Things just seem to fall into Mike's and my laps sometimes.  And trust me, I don't take these things lightly.  So, last night, we had tickets to see Colin Mochrie and Brad Sherwood, from Who's Line is it Anyway, at a local casino.  Now, I have to preface this by saying that I have just loved Colin Mochrie, and have always said that I've wanted to meet him in person.  One of my 'bucket' list items is to meet him in person.  One of my 'fantasy bucket' list items...the ones that are unlikely to ever happen....is to have Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles over for dinner.  As normal, everyday people.  :)  

But, back to our evening.  We had tickets to sit a ways from the stage, but the show was in a small ballroom, so it was still just going to be so cool to see these two comedians in person.  We found our seats and settled in to wait for the show to start.  After sitting for about five minutes, the place was about half full, maybe.  A young guy walks up to us.  US.  There were other people there.  But, he walks up to US.  He asks, "Do you guys want to sit up front?"  We're like...huh??  He tells us that him and his girlfriend have front row tickets, they don't want to sit in the front, and would we like to switch seats?  We tell him, yeah!  Sure!!  As I'm walking up to the front, I'm thinking, damn...I should have paid more attention to where the guy was pointing to his seat....we're stuck behind huge speakers.  Nope.  Front row....center.  Like, five feet from the stage.  Cool, or what??

They put on a good show, and had lots of audience participation.  Mike and I have watched the show a bazillion times, and every time they do the game where audience members have to do the sound effects for the comedians, Mike will throw a fit because they can't make good sound effect noises.  So.......they had that game last night.  And asked who in the audience could sound effects.  I, of course, grab Mike's arm and THROW it into the air.  We got noticed.  Mike was chosen to go onstage and do the sound effects for Colin Mochrie!!!!  I was so thrilled, and he did an awesome job, brought down the house, had a great time, improv-ed with them....it was GREAT.  It was AWESOME.  I laughed my ASS of.  While I didn't get to meet Colin, personally, this was damn  close, and I think I can cross it off my bucket list!!!!! 

We were going to have Maelie stay overnight at Grandma's house, with help from Auntie Kimmie, but, when we called after the show at 11:00 p.m., she wasn't sleeping.  We decided to pick her up.  Poor baby was staggering around, she was so tired, but would NOT give in.  We literally drove away from the house for ONE MINUTE and she was out COLD in her carseat.  But, we all had fun!!  :)

No comments: