Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I had a lovely Mother's Day.  Mike and Maelie were little secret squirrels last weekend and went to Grammie's house for...something.  Turns out, Mike had Maelie make hand and foot prints in clay and let it dry, so today, I was presented with my very first homemade Mother's Day gift.  I was THRILLED.  :)  It was wonderful.  When I get them hung up, or set up, I will photograph them.  It was very special.

We had dinner at my mom's with Auntie Kimmie, Uncle Dave, and Uncle Alan.  It was a wonderful night. Everything was very low-key...just the way we like it.

I have to post our Mother's Day photos....although I look like a big ol' dork...but Maelie was gorgeous, as always.  :)  I feel so fortunate to be able to celebrate Mother's Day at all, but to celebrate being Maelie's mom, well, that's just awe-inspiring to me.  I love this little girl so very much...some days it takes my breath away.





1 comment:

Christina said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Michelle! We have been blessed with these little girls haven't we? Maelie is getting prettier every day and SO smart!! :) Sounds as if your weather is a lot like ours - too much cold and snow most of the year! blech Enjoy the start of your summer and hugs to all!