Wednesday, January 14, 2009

You know you're a mom when...

I'm starting a new little thing on my blog, of things I realize I do now, since I'm a mom. Sometimes it still takes me by surprise when I say I'm a mom!!!

Please feel free to add stuff in the comments!!


You know when your a mom when...

You wake up in the morning with the 'Play with Me Sesame' theme song in your head.

You're all excited to see the new barn set on Sprout's 'Sunnyside Up Show.' (seriously, I need a hobby.)

You can wipe away a boogie with just your fingers when there isn't a tissue in site.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your toddler spits up on you in the middle of the night and you're so tired that you roll back over and fall asleep, regardless of the fact that you're going to wake up with vomit in your hair. Good times.

marci said...

not only do i agree with all of the above...i've DONE all of the above, as well as...
you know your a mom when:
*you go to work knowingly wearing baby spit up on your shoulder and do nothing to clean it.
*you use a breast pump in public, private, and governmental offices without blinking an eye..
*you hand pump while stuck in rush hour traffic!

Dawn said...

Thanks for the updates!! I just realized that our Jacob is a week older than Maelie!! No idea when we will be able to go get him though.

Christy said...

That is awesome!! I know I have many to add but too late at nnight-- I cant think right now. Too funny!! Oh-- I sing the Dora theme song on a regular basis and have been caught humming it and my hubby joined in when he heard-- too sad :)

Christina said...

You know you are a mama when you find yourself at 3 a.m. in the morning rocking a crying baby and singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" (in January) about 1000 times (by "demanded" request) and loving every minute of it!

Anonymous said...

You never pee alone.

Stacey said...

You carry pictures of them in your purse so you can look at them if you are away from them for more than a couple of hours.
Stacey and Sasha

Meg and Ava said...

You get in your car to go home, after you drove an hour to work that morning and you realize that listened to and sang with Laurie Berkner the whole time and did not realize it until 5 p.m.

You put your hand in your coat pocket at a store and pull out a sock and hair tie.

Meg and Ava

Karey said...

You forgot cleaning poop out of the bathtub...