Monday, October 27, 2008

Baby Shower

This past Saturday the 25th, Maelie had a lovely baby shower put on by my sister, with help from my sister in law, niece, and some wonderful friends. It was a great shower!! We kept it low-key, without games, and just did some door prizes. I can't tell you how many people thanked me for not having games!!! It was nice just to mingle and talk and eat and show off Maelie. We were there from noon until after 4:00 p.m., and Maelie was TERRIFIC. I think she fussed twice, and that was it. She is SUCH a good baby, and I just absolutely love her.

We had such wonderful food, decorations, and PRESENTS...oh my goodness. This child is going to be the best dressed baby EVER. I really should take photos of my livingroom right now...we had the shower in a meeting room at a restaurant, but all our gifts are right now still sitting in my living room. We need to get everything sorted and put away before we are taken over by baby gift bags!!

Wednesday we have another shower to go to - the women that Mike works with are giving us a luncheon shower. I think it's tremendously sweet of them. This baby is spoiled!! But, come on...how can you NOT spoil this princess????? :)

My sister made me the best gift..it was a diaper cake. I have never seen one so nice. I still have it together...I just hate to take it apart. I'm going to have to take more photos of it before I do, but here are a few of the cake, the decorations, Miss Maelie's first attempt at cake (which she LIKED!!!), and our poor pooped out party girl.

And thank you again for those of you reading this that came to the shower. It was a wonderful, wonderful time!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
It looks like you had a wonderful shower! I would have loved to have been there!

Best wishes to you and your family!
Angela