Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Sweetest Thing

Tonight, Maelie met her Grandpa Sully...Mike's dad. We call him 'Sully' since he's also a Mike...not sure where he got that name from, exactly. Anyway, Grandpa Sully is a very sweet man, not overly romantic or sentimental, but he's wonderful.

Anyway, Maelie met her Grandpa for the first time tonite. Before we even got her sweater off, Grandpa came to see her....and started crying. (I'm tearing up as I write this.) He said, "She's so beautiful," and choked up. I so wish I had a camera to capture that moment, but it's an image I will never forget. It was so touching. I was never so proud to be her mommy. It made no difference that I did not carry this child for 9 months...Grandpa made me feel as if she was born to us. I will never forget that feeling.

Thank you, Grandpa Sully.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, I'm tearing up a bit here too... I can picture it completely.

Dawn said...

How wonderful!! When I hear Sully, I think of Monters, Inc.