Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our Newest Little Citizen


Introducing.....Drumroll please......






Our newest little citizen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything went just fine. We walked to one window, showed our passport and paid our money, and then we all sat down. The room reminded me of another DMV, or bad airport waiting area. CNN was playing on a large TV in the room. Then, we were each called up to another window, individually. I got to go first, and I have to admit, I was paranoid. With Mike not with, I had no idea if they'd be asking me for a slew of paperwork, or not. But, the nice gentleman behind the counter asked to see Maelie, compared her to her passport photo, had me sign a piece of paper, and then confirmed that my husband was not able to travel. I said no, and he just asked if I agreed that everything on the application was correct to the best of my knowledge. I said, "I do," he said, "Good...congratulations!!" That was it. No other paperwork, nothing. It was WONDERFUL. She's ours, and it feels great.

We are still planning to fly out Friday night. Tomorrow, we are all attempting the Silk Village and Museum of Ethnology again. So....until then, we can all sleep better tonite knowing that Maelie is a US citizen!!!!!! :)

3 comments:

Dawn said...

CONGRATULATIONS ~ I am sure that is the BEST feeling!!!!!

Ann said...

Congratulations!

Ann M
AP and PAP

Anonymous said...

WAHOO! It IS the best feeling...hooray for YOU!
Love
Kel