I've been wanting to write a blog about Mikey for awhile now. I've wanted to gush and talk about what a great daddy he's been, how he has really taken to Maelie, and how I'm proud of him. I've been putting off doing this, I think, so I can get the words just right. Silly, I know. But, he did something yesterday that was so incredibly wonderful, I can't put off mentioning it.
Since being in Vietnam, I've had perpetual colds. Yesterday, I felt miserable. This little cough I had turned into an elephant sitting on my chest, my head in a vise, and someone shoving hot pokers in my eyes. Not to mention my throat being raw and resembling something like hamburger. Pretty picture, eh??? I even started crying yesterday morning for no good reason, other than I didn't feel good.
Mike left for work, and suddenly, an hour later, he was back. He took the day off for me, to watch Maelie. I took cold medicine and slept ALL DAY while he and Maelie hung out together. Mike worked from home, making phone calls and working on the computer while Maelie sat next to him, 'helping' him type. It was the greatest gift EVER.
Today, poor Miss Maelie has caught my cold, too. She's coughing and sneezing. We made do by ourselves today, though. She laughs at me when I blow my nose. Silly baby. :)
Now, I'd like to think up something extra special and nice to do for Mikey. I just don't know what would show him just how thankful I am for what he did. Any thoughts out there? And remember...this is a family program....ha!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Take that, TreeHugger dads!!!
hey my treehugger hubby resembles that comment!!
i find when one goes above and beyond the call of duty, a couple tickets to a hockey game on the concierge level with his buddy does the trick!
I don't do crowds or sports. A guy I know took me to a MINNESOTA VIKINGS game a few months ago. We sat in the 8th row where you could see everything, and I still fell asleep for 20 minutes at a time. I like a good apartment fire, but BOOBOO says she would get in TROUBLE for making one.
Now, if you could get him hockey tickets immediately behind the penalty box, so close that you get sweat flung on you and can smell the stink - well, Mikey likes that.
Post a Comment