Today was Angela's 'Visit the Classroom Day' for kindergarten. I went along with her and her mom Shelly. OMG, I don't know what I'll do when my OWN child goes to school for the first time!!! I must've asked a bazillion questions...where they meet the bus, what they do for lunch, how will she find the right bus, how will she find the cafeteria, where do they put their coats, who will help her find her 'Friday' classroom, etc. etc. etc. You would think the poor kid was moving in, or something!!! I know, it's not like she's going to Antarctica, and it's not like she's even my own child, but I am so attached to her!!! And, I'm treated like her second mom, which is so special to me.
I'll be worrying about Angela all day tomorrow, I know. Man, what the heck am I going to be like when the Fabulous Miss M goes to school???? I shudder to think. Seriously, since I was in charge of getting Angela's back to school stuff, like her backpack and lunchbox, I was totally stressing. Which lunchbox will 'fit in' yet still be unique to her?!?! I know, I'm whacked. I have issues, I know.
I hope she has a great first day and doesn't worry tonite. She already has her bus number memorized, her classroom number memorized, and even her numbered hook in the classroom!! Which, because of this, is why I am hoping she's not worrying about it all too much. She took it upon herself to memorize all this this afternoon. But, her teacher is very nice, and I kept reassuring Angela that her teacher would help her find her way around.
Man, in 5 years when it's the Fabulous Miss M's turn, I'm going to have to go out for cocktails!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment