Sorry for the delay, Folks...I know you've all been on pins and needles. Yes, we have her!!!!! We left the hotel at 1:00 pm. and were back by 5:30 pm. It was, as everyone says, amazing. We arrived at the orphange and got to spend a little time with the babies in a conference-type looking room, and their nannies. When Maelie was handed to me, I lost it. All the time and effort, troubles and setbacks were nothing when that baby was put into my arms. It was as if I had been waiting for this moment all my life. Unfortunately, my tears, I think, scared her a bit, as did another, older child who was quite tramatized. So, Miss Maelie showed us her lungs...and she has them!! WHOO! I was able to ask, through Kenny, a little bit about our baby. She likes to go to sleep at 9:00 p.m., wakes at about 6:30 a.m., likes her bottle, to be bathed, plays for a bit, and then it's nap time around 11:00. Then, another bottle and it's time to play play play!!!
After the orphanage, we were whisked away in a hurry to the Justice Department for the Giving and Receiving ceremony. It was very touching. Each family was called to the front, and the head of the orphanage was asked if he still wished to allow the family to adopt the child. In turn, each family was asked if they still wished to adopt this child. Then, the big adoption book was signed, paperwork was signed, and the head of the orphanage handed the baby to the family in the front of the room. It was emotional, but I didn't cry this time!! :) The room was very hot and humid, and I did learn something very quickly about Miss Maelie. SHE likes to be the center of attention, and she also seems to have a bit of a princess attitude. LOVE IT. Ask me again when she's 12 if I love it, but it was too precious today!!!! The ceremony was cut short a bit...no one had to give a speech...and it was good, because Maelie was tired and crying and a bit cranky, and it was HOT in there. Did I mention that already???? But, we sat right next to an official, and he was so nice in trying to help me know how to comfort Maelie, and they even had her nanny (who was sitting in Nanny Row across the big table from the parents) come over and hand me a bottle so Maelie could quiet down a bit. So, not only do I now have the outfit she came in from the orphanage, but I also have a bottle. Let me tell you, those simple things are like treasure.
And let me tell you, from what I've seen tonight, she likes to play. She is a riot when it comes to getting around....she does this back wiggle scoot thing....think breakdancing. It's tooooo funny. She was good all night, but very tired. She already has this personality that comes through....she's very very strong, likes her own way, loves to watch the tv, likes to sprawl out, has a great smile and laugh. She's much like her father, whom she hasn't even met yet!!! It's amazing how the adoption fairy matches up the right baby for the right people. Maelie seems silly, happy, stubborn, sweet, strong, strong willed, smiley, and likes her own way. If that's not a blend of Mike and me, I don't know what is!!!!!
I will post pictures soon!!!!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Congratulations Michelle!!! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see the pictures of your new baby!
Sue
AP to Lily
CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is beautiful!! How old is she?? Do you pronounce her name MAY-Lee?
Hugs-
Heather
AP to Khai and Meliah
What did I tell you about balling?!
OMG! Finally. I'm so happy for you, I've been on pins and needles all morning. Enjoy the rest of your time there-a vacation with your daughter!
CONGRATULATIONS ~ I am so happy for you!!!
Post a Comment