Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Finding Normalcy?

Tomorrow, Mike goes back to work. He's been off and home with us since we got back, which has been nice. It's also been go-go-go, too...visiting people, outings, doing things as a family, etc. So, tomorrow will really be the first day that Miss Maelie and I will be together alone since we got her. I'm a little nervous about that, I don't know why, I suppose because it's different. I'm hoping, though, that tomorrow also starts a semblance of normalcy and routine for me. We have Maelie on a pretty good routine at the moment...she's been going to sleep and getting up at about the same time every night now, and sleeping mostly, if not all the way, through the night. But getting her there, Mike and I have pretty much been flying by the seat of our pants. So, now it'll be time for MOMMY to find her routine.

I guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow...I'll keep y'all posted....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will do okay and you will now develop your own family rhythm. I love it when Tim comes home- I get a little respite from the day.

Catherine said...

We want to see more pictures!!!! Post some of that cute, little face PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Heather said...

You will do great!!

I was super nervous when Mark first went back to work even though this was baby 4 and 5 for me(But my first children so close in age).I was actually sick to my stomach thinking about it. It took a while to get into a routine and feel I was capable of doing this by myself. Now I do it 15 hours a day by myself.It is exhausting but I know I can handle it. Twins are defiantly a challenge.

Maelie(May-lee???) is beautiful. I am so glad to see you finally have her in your arms. Keep posting.