Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Halong Bay

We spent the day in Halong Bay. It was a lovely trip, but a VERY long van ride. The boat was awesome, and the food was good. Halong Bay is very otherworldly....these rock formations seem like landscape from another planet. There was a floating fishing village that was very interesting...it is so amazing to see how these people live and raise a family, right on the water.

The van ride back was NEVERENDING. AND...on the way there, half way, we had to stop so the driver could take a 'break'. Well, it also happens to be a stop at a souvenir shop that sells clothes, embroidery, figurines, made by handicapped children. Okay...that was nice. YES, I bought some things. BUT, on the way back, again....another halfway point with yet another souvenir shop. SIGH. Somehow, when you're melting into a puddle, driving along a road with horns a-honking, tired, thirsty and hot, the souvenir shop doesn't hold the same excitement.

All in all, though, it was a wonderful trip. I'm going to be looking at my photos tonite so I will be posting some of Vietnam soon!!!

We are still hoping tomorrow is Baby Day, but we have not yet heard official word from Martin. Cross your fingers!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With every adventure you have, I am happier and happier I stayed here to make money! :)