Friday, September 12, 2008

Never Good At Surprises

So, I've never been good at surprises. We've had the Fabulous Miss M's name selected since we started this adoption adventure for China...over two years ago. Through everything, the name has fit...it has a lot of meaning, and it, apparently, is what our daughter's name is supposed to be. Close friends and family have known what her name is, but I've kept it off the blog. I really don't know why....it's the world's most perfect name and I guess I didn't want someone snitching it! LOL!!!

I was going to wait until we got to Vietnam, but I can't keep a secret for anything. So...I'd like to introduce:

Maelie Jolianne Zadra
Her name is full of meaning. My middle name is Mae, after my mother's mother. My grandmother was so touched that I was named after her, that ever since I was a young girl I always said my little girl would share the same middle name. So, her middle name was to be Mae, but I couldn't settle on a first name. I did the old finger in the baby name book trick, and hand to God, it landed on Maylee. I had never heard of the name before, and I loved it. I also figured it was Fate...she was meant to me named Maelie. I changed the spelling a little bit.
Her middle name is also full of meaning. We have a wonderful friend in Montana named Jody (Joel is his real name), who has been a great supporter of our adoption. The 'anne' portion of the name is for Mike's grandmother's name Ann.
And, if all that wasn't enough meaning for a little girl's name...her initials 'MJZ' are the same as Mike's. :)
So, there you have it....the Fabulous Miss M's name!!!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Sounds perfectly lovely!!

Catherine said...

Beautiful :)

Stacey said...

What a pretty and unusual name! I love unusual names. I also love the meanings behind the names. Now, please go get her so we can all see what Maelie looks like!
Stacey and Sasha

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful story for 2 wonderful people! I can't wait to meet your daughter. You will be wonderful parents. Love you! Michelle and Deli