Thursday, September 18, 2008

Painting, Packing, Panicking

I've been painting the baby's room today. I know it'll be here when I get back, but I find it kinda soothing. I ragged the walls, and now I'm doing the trim. I know I won't finish it before I leave, but it's nice to do some of it.

I'm also getting together everything I need to pack. I've got piles here and there, laundry drying, and am just wondering how to get it to fit in the suitcases!!

Panicking....yeah.....strange. I've been GREAT all day...very calm and collected. Now...not so much. I did just take a little something to help me relax, better living through chemistry!

In 27 hours, I'll be on a plane headed to Vietnam, to finally meet my daughter. It still feels like SUCH a dream.

I'll try to post one last time before I leave. If I don't, I'll 'see' you guys over there! WOWEEEE!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Dawn said...

How wonderful that your day has finally arrived!!

marci said...

awww!! its called nesting and its exactly what women do before going into labor!!! congrats mom!!

Anonymous said...

It's BEYOND exciting, and I will be following your blog every step of the way...it hasn't let me post the last few days (?) so hopefully this one gets through. Get ready to be a MOM-It's YOUR TIME!!!!!
Love
Kel

Catherine said...

I am so very, very happy for you!!!! I can't believe you will be on your way in such a short time!!! I also can't wait to see you with your new baby girl :) Post lots of pictures PLEASE!!!!

Kim said...

OMW!!!
I am sooo happy for you..
I am sooo sorry I haven't been by in forever..
CONGRATULATIONS..
you sooo deserve this..
Hugss..
I will be following..
Kim

Jen said...

You are about to get on the ride of your life! Enjoy every moment...they go so fast. Congratualtions!

Stacey said...

Try to remember to take as many pictures and videos as you can. You think you will remember everything, but the jetlag can mess with your memory. And write down as much as you can so you remember details. She will love to read it when she is older. I can't wait to see pictures of her!
Stacey and Sasha

Nora Jane said...

I'm so happy you are on your way! I imagine you are in the air on your long EVA flight right now. Try to rest - it feels unreal, doesn't it??? Love you - hugs from me and Kenna!

Julie said...

I am SO excited that you are on your way and CANNOT WAIT until I log on and see your daughter in your arms!!!!!!

Safe Travels!

All the best,
Julie

Donna said...

I'm so excited for you! Have a wonderful and safe trip.

Donna
CFC 7/9/08
Bac Ninh
Waiting to file I600

Anonymous said...

Hurry up and get back. This is a foreign country, not the Goddamn EPCOT center.