Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Updates

I know! I've been slacking on the updates!!!! :) Monday morning was Miss Maelie's medical appointment. Everything checked out just fine. She has a slight ear infection, a cold, and some eczema on her face, but nothing major. We have antibiotics and a cream for her eczema that are already working wonders in just one day. Today, Maelie has been nothing but smiles and grins. She is a beautiful baby. I am thinking she is feeling better from the antibiotics...she is just a little goofball! She is going to fit in splendidly to our family.

Today, we were scheduled to visit the Museum of Ethnology and the Silk Village with our World Child staff, Martin and Kenny, but another family had a sick family member, and my mom wasn't feeling too good, and it was raining, so we decided to postpone. We hope to hit that on Thursday.

Tomorrow, Wednesday, is our US Embassy visa appointment. I hear it's a breeze, but seriously, I won't relax and feel comfortable until it's through. And THEN.....I'll be dancing. That means Maelie is truly a US citizen and free to come home. So, cross your fingers, wish us luck, and I'll let you all know how it goes!!

I'll also be posting some photos in just a little bit...for your viewing pleasure. Heavy on the most beautiful baby in the world, of course!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will feel sooo great when you've had that visa appointment and know you are done! My thoughts and prayers are with you and that cutie daughter-I'm so glad you got medicine for her!
Love
Kel