Monday, September 22, 2008

We're HERE!!!!!

We are HERE, people!!!!! Yippeee!!!!!! We got in on Sunday at 10:00 a.m., Vietnamese time. We didn't do much of anything our first day....gosh, I guess that's only yesterday!!! We all pretty much just got into our room, arranged for a water cooler, took naps, just basically vegged. We had order in pizza for dinner...I KNOW, we were REALLY out there, eh??? It felt good after the long flight to just relax.

This morning we met with Martin and Kenny, from World Child, and had our 'briefing.' They were hoping our adoption ceremony would be Tuesday, but it looks like it won't be until Wednesday. So, our plan for tomorrow, then, is to take the Halong Bay tour with Laura and her family, and another family we met just today. I'm very much looking forward to the trip tomorrow! But, looking more forward to WEDNESDAY'S trip, of course!!!

Vietnam so far is wonderful. It's very very very humid and hot, but tolerable, for some reason. The people are amazingly polite and nice and very sweet. My sister and my mom are absolutely fascinated with watching the traffic from our 19th floor room. My mom seriously wanted to move the couch to the window to watch the traffic!!! LOL!!!

Everything has been going very smoothly thus far. Today, we did a little exploring in our building. There's a Citimart, some upscale shops, another little stand that I bought way too much at, restaurants and a couple coffee shops, including Highlands Coffee, which we haven't tried yet. We actually had Cokes (that come on the glass bottle and with a slice of lime!!!) and cheeseburgers! We had to have cheeseburgers just to prove to certain people back home that YES, you CAN eat just about anything here. :)

Right now we are just back in the room vegging again, and hope to maybe go out on the street in a little while. It's a great time, and it's amazing.......I just want to soak up everything.

We are all doing fine and okay! I cannot wait to post photos of our little one....soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Dawn said...

So happy that you arrived safely.

Donna said...

I'm so excited for you! I'm glad you made it safely. Can't wait to read and see more on your blog.

Donna
CFC- 7/9/08
Bac Ninh
Waiting to file I600

Angela said...

Michelle,
Hi! It was so good to hear that you are there safely and that your G & R is scheduled! Wow, it won't be long now!

Lots of Love,
Angela

Karey said...

Somehow the traffic and street noise can be so relaxing. We did the same thing. I vote moving the couch! SO happy you made it safely and you are enjoying your trip so far.

Karey

Catherine said...

YEAH!!! You are there:) And it sounds like you are having a wonderful time already!!! You have to have an Innocent Passion drink from Highlands and pizza from Luna D'Autumno :) Tell Martin that the Kos family said 'hi' :)

Julie said...

YAY Michelle! I am so happy to read that you are there safely. Next time you are downstairs, check out the jewelry in the Phuc Tin store...they have some nice pieces at reasonable prices....

Enjoy Halong Bay! We loved our trip! And even better, Wed will be an amazing day that will forever change your life! I can't wait to log and see pics of your precious little girl!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the delay in your G&R. You will make it. Are you going to post pics?

Make sure you get to the Green Tangerine and have mac and cheese at Bobby Chins. Take a bite for me.

Anonymous said...

What did I tell you about staying indoors? AND, what have we learned about fire ladders and 19th floors? Do you want to hear the MGM Las Vegas story again? Have you found the firestation yet? I know the Hospital is on block away.

17

marci said...

sooo excited for you!!! is it just you, your mom, and sister that traveled?? my mom and i are going to be traveling when our time comes too....post pics when you can!!!
xo m

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Ha Long bay-buy the pearls on the boat if you have the money on you-they are pretty darn good quality and they are priced right for the quality too-$15~give or take a buck! Enjoy, and I can't wait to see your daughter-WAHOO!!!!
Love
Kel

Anonymous said...

Well, you yahoos had better start worrying now. I have not heard from BooBoo in over 24 hours. Neither her phone or computer are on. In the business I am in I can only assume one thing. Catastrophic death. Thanks alot.

Unknown said...

It's very funny that you've eaten pizza and cheeseburgers half a world away, but not sampled the local fare!